23rd September 2022
E.P. Global Events Limited of Gibraltar and Wild Frontiers team up to provide a double endurance: participate in the World’s Highest Marathon on Kilimanjaro, then run the Kilimanjaro Marathon at the base of Kilimanjaro, back-to-back.
On the 11th May 2022, World’s Highest Marathon achieved the following seven Guinness World Records on Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world at 5,895m:
Highest Altitude Skyrunning, Highest Altitude Vertical Kilometre, Highest Altitude Skyrunning Marathon, Highest Altitude Skyrunning Ultra Marathon, Highest Altitude Trail Marathon, Highest Altitude Trail Ultra Marathon and the World’s Highest Marathon.
As a World’s Highest Marathon participant, you now have the opportunity to attempt the above seven Guinness World Records in February 2023. Following this, you’ll have one day’s rest before participating in the Kilimanjaro Marathon at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro, in Moshi – Tanzania.
The dates and itinerary are:
- 16th to 24th February – World’s Highest Marathon event
- 25th February – rest day at Chanya Lodge
- 26th February – Kilimanjaro Marathon
Exclusive route only open to World’s Highest Marathon as confirmed by TANAPA and KINAPA authorities:
- Day 1: 16th February: Clients arrive JRO and Chanya Lodge
- Day 2: 17th February: Briefing day at Chanya Lodge
- Day 3: 18th February: Chanya Lodge – Machame Gate – Machame Camp
- Day 4: 19th February: Machame Camp to Shira Cave Camp
- Day 5: 20th February: Shira Cave Camp to Barranco Camp via Lava Tower
- Day 6: 21st February: Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
- Day 7: 22nd February: Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
- Day 8: 23rd February: Barafu Camp rest and acclimatisation day
- Day 9: 24th February: Event Day: Barafu Camp – Summit – Marangu Gate to Chanya lodge
- Day 10: 25th February: Rest Day Chanya Lodge – collect race number for Kili Marathon
- Day 11: 26th February: Kili Marathon
- Day 12: 27th February: Depart Chanya Lodge for JRO
To sign up or find out more, contact email@example.com
Quote from E.P. Global Events Limited Founder and CCO – Dave Pickles:
“From operating on Kilimanjaro for the past 23 years including 61 personal successful summits and multiple Guinness World Records, I have known about the Kilimanjaro Marathon for a number of years and enjoyed watching it grow from strength to strength. It has a quality reputation and Wild Frontiers is a quality long standing operator behind it. E.P. Global Events Limited is proud to be partnering with Wild Frontiers for this event where we collectively hope to see many international and local participants sign up to compete and win the seven Guinness World Records and achieve gold, silver and bronze medals for both events. We look forward to a combined successful, safe and tough back-to-back events.”
Quote from John Addison: Race Director of the Kilimanjaro Marathon and Director of Wild Frontiers Africa:
“In a move to promote Tanzania as a mecca for extreme sports and high altitude running, the organisers of the World’s Highest Marathon and Kilimanjaro Marathon are jointly marketing these two back-to-back events. Aimed mainly at elite extreme athletes, World’s Highest Marathon will attract a new breed of sportsman tourists to Tanzania.
We have been most impressed with the way that World’s Highest Marathon is organised, and the professional way it is managed. It makes sense that jointly promoting these two events side by side will help achieve the growth of tourism and events in the Kilimanjaro Region, which is one of the goals of the Kilimanjaro Marathon and the TZ Government.”
For more information on the Kilimanjaro Marathon specifically and additional travel options to Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Zanzibar or any other East/ Southern Africa destination for a post-race travel experience, athletes can view www.kilimanjaromarathon.com
E.P. Global Events Limited