The Kilimanjaro Marathon is pleased to announce that, following the Prime Ministers instruction during our 20th anniversary held in Moshi last year that the Event will henceforth be known as the Kilimanjaro Premium Lager International Marathon.
As this Event continues to grow, and has historically attracted well over 50 nationalities to Tanzania to compete, as well as meeting World Athletics standards – it was felt that it has earned the title ‘International’.
The Race offers:
- Distances [full and half marathon] officially measured to World Athletics [WA] standards
- Electronic timekeeping
- Dope Testing on selected elite athletes on finishing
- Senior Athletics Officials monitor the event
- Police and Security on route with selected road closure
- Sufficient water and liquids on route
- Medals and T-shirts / vests
- Official photography and video productions, televised throughout Africa and show cased on Youtube
- Online pre-entry and payment system
- Race Number collection and running vest collection in Dar es Salaam, Arusha and Moshi pre-event
We sincerely thank the honourable Prime Minister for his passionate support and guidance, we would not have achieved this international status without the Ministry responsible for Sports and Athletics Tanzanian’s collaboration.