Come along to Tanzania and take part in the 2016 Kilimanjaro Premium Lager Marathon (or 21.1 km or 5 km Fun Run).
This iconic race is set on the lower foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, with incredible views of the mountain – as she towers over the athletes. The atmosphere is fun and friendly, but with some of Africa’s best runners competing for the purse – you will enjoy racing against some top talent.
Combine this race with a Kilimanjaro climb, or a safari to the Serengeti (it’s a fantastic time to go to Serengeti with the wildebeest calving and plenty of predators), or perhaps relax for a few days on Zanzibar Island – the perfect destination to rest those weary legs.
The ‘race weekend’ package includes: return airport transfers from Kili airport, accommodation BB, entry fee, and entry to our hospitality tent. If you would like more information on a variety of travel packages/safaris, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org,
or log on to the website www.kilimanjaromarathon.com.
- Race & Kilimanjaro Hike
- Race & Serengeti Safari
- Race & Island or Beach Holiday
- Race & Chimpanzee Trekking Safari
2015 was filled with fun and provided :
- 14 water tables on route for all the various races,
- We handed out over 7500 litres of water and 2500 litres of coke.
- 103 KK Security staff stationed on route and at the finish to ensure a smooth flow of athletes on route, into the finish area and through the tunnels for the medals.
- A total of over 7800 t-shirts were given out across the 4 races.
- 3500 medals to the marathon and half marathon.
- We had a support force of 80 marshals, volunteers and Tanzanian Athletics officials working behind the scenes.
- Over 70 Police provided security and traffic control.
- Along with 2 full medical assist ambulances and a full medical tent at the finish!
“The Honourable Minister for Home Affairs, Mathias Chikawe attended the prize giving and applauded the event for its support of Athletics and Tourism development and we were also used as the backdrop event for the advertorial on the launch of the new Apple Watch, with SuperModel Christy Turlington Burns which is being shown worldwide, so all in all, a wonderful event, that could never have taken place without the amazing support of our amazing sponsors and you, the participants and runners!”