With a mere 11 weeks left till race day a couple of dates to note are coming up.
Tomorrow marks the closing date of our Early Discount Season. All entries made after 7 January 2019 will be charged the full amount
The 2019 Kilimanjaro Marathon is pre-registration only, entries close on the 7th February. No late entries will be allowed.
You may enter on line via www.kilimanjaromarathon.com or for local residents/citizens get your mate to enter for you via TIGO Pesa by dialing *149*20#
Race Number collections will be held in:
- Dar Es Salaam – Venue tbc
- Saturday, 23rd and Sunday 24th Feb
- 12:00 midday – 17:00pm
- Arusha – Kibo Palace Hotel
- Tuesday, 26th and Wednesday, 27th Feb
- 14:00 pm – 20:00 pm
- Moshi – Keys Hotel, Uru Road
- Thursday, 28 Feb & Friday, 1 March [10:00am – 17:00pm]
- Saturday, 2 March from 09:00am – 12:00 (midday)
If you are unable to collect your race number, ask a friend to help you.
If someone collects for you, an official letter, along with a copy of your Passport or ID must accompany the collection.
Any athletes found to be buying Race numbers from other registered runners will be disqualified. No official results will apply to any name changes that occur.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the second year running the Kilimanjaro Premium Lager Marathon will be proudly supporting the Kilimanjaro Project. The Kilimanjaro Project (in association with Trees4Kili) aims to plant 50 million trees in the Kilimanjaro region over the next 10 years. Deforestation in the Kilimanjaro region is of grave concern and trees are a big contributor towards environmental sustainability and the livelihoods of local communities.
You can show you support for the Kilimanjaro Project and Trees4Kili by:
- Signing up on GivenGain and donating towards the project (a $5 donation is enough for one tree).
- Wearing green on race day in support of the project.
- Donating your time towards the Kilimanjaro Project by helping to plant and nurse trees.
The top 3 fund raisers for the Kilimanjaro Premium Lager Marathon 2019 will:
- Gain free entry into the Wild Frontiers Hospitality Tent following the marathon.
- Free race entry for the Kilimanjaro Marathon 2020.
- Free entry for the Econet Victoria Falls Marathon 2019 (Sunday 7 July).
- A $50 bonus towards the Kilimanjaro Project.
The top 3 fund raisers will be selected on 22 February 2019.
The success of a marathon is not all about the interest and excitement experienced by runners and local communities, but the contributions that can be made towards worthwhile projects like the Kilimanjaro Project. As organisers and officials we value your support year after year, but we are even more thankful for the contributions made to our official charities.